At ScratchMyPi, we deliver the new computer curriculum in primary schools.
Book before the end of January and receive 10% of the cost of a holiday workshop in either Harrogate or York.
Are you a headteacher? Do you need someone to deliver the computing curriculum?
ScratchMyPi, we work with schools and children to help deliver the new computing curriculum in an interesting way – using electronics and physical computing.
So far, the schools I have worked with have:
- Used Scratch to develop games with complex variables and commands
- Blinked LEDS, developed joystick games, designed burglar alarms with light sensors, explored RGB LEDs and used touch sensors
- Programmed robots using Scratch or text coding
- Used a remote control to program robots
- Used Sonic Pi to program music using text
- Developed and hand coded their own web pages
- Remixed their own music and created audio plays
- Developed their own databases
- Created complex shapes with Logo
- Programmed Minecraft using Python
- Developed their own music using tones
- Been exposed to the world of computer science and electronics.
Apart from working in schools, I also:
- Offer school workshops with robots, Minecraft programming, burglar alarms and joysticks to name but a few.
- Computer clubs and holiday workshops for children in York
- INSET training for teachers
- Courses for teachers
- Parties as well!!
What people say:
My son came to your programming a robot class last week and loved it!Firstly, may I say thank you for, in my children’s words, a ‘Brill’ course which they attend today at Acomb Library.This was better than Minecraft at home!Awesome!